Avast Cleanup Premium are an optimization tool which scans for and resolves performance, storage, and security issues on your computer. Cleanup Fees are a compensated product and needs another, compensated license to make use of.
This short article pertains to the most recent form of Avast Cleanup. If a few of the instructions or solutions below don’t suit your form of Cleanup, be sure that your Avast program version is current or download Avast Cleanup Premium in the Avast website. For instructions regarding how to improve your Avast Antivirus program version, browse the following article:
If you work with Avast Cleanup Premium the very first time, you are able to click Scan How to prompt an extensive Maintenance scan of the PC. Alternatively, you are able to click Skip and choose a scan tile around the primary Cleanup Premium screen to carry out a specific scan.
Refer to the sections below which correspond to the options in the Cleanup Premium interface:
Follow these steps to Use Avast Cleanup Premium :
The Constant Maintenance choice is an extensive scan which detects damaged or redundant products inside your PC’s system in addition to tracking data. To carry out a Maintenance scan, adopt these measures:
1. Click Maintenance on the main Cleanup Premium screen.
2. After the scan completes, tick the boxes next to the categories you want to fix or clean:
- Broken Registry Items: links in your system’s registry which may be redundant or broken.
- Broken Shortcuts: leftover shortcuts from uninstalled programs that take up unnecessary space on your PC.
- System Junk: unnecessary files (such as driver packages, temporary files, and log files) that may be taking up space and slowing down your PC.
- Browser Cache: a temporary storage location on your PC that holds downloaded files (for example, picture files stored from websites).
- Tracking Cookies: small data files that record information about which websites you visit.
- Browsing & Download History: the history of visited websites and downloaded files from your browser (this task only removes the list of files and does not delete any files saved to your PC).
You can click a category’s panel to view details and select which items within the category are cleaned.
3. Click Fix & Clean. If you ticked the boxes next to Browser Cache or Browsing & Download History, click Continue to allow Cleanup Premium to close any open browsers before cleaning.
4. After the clean, click Done.
The Speed up option scans for unnecessary programs who have been pre-installed on your computer (Junk Programs) in addition to programs launched during system startup that are still running without anyone’s knowledge (Background & Startup programs). These programs may modify the speed and gratifaction of the system.
To perform a Speed Up scan, follow these steps:
1. Click Speed Up on the main Cleanup Premium screen.
2. After the scan completes, click a category:
- Junk Programs: review the list of programs and select an action. Move to Trash temporarily deletes the program and Ignore removes the program from the list. To completely remove a program and its components, click the downward facing arrow next to Move to Trash and select Uninstall.
- Background & Start Up programs: review the list of programs and select an action. Sleep stops the program from running and Ignore keeps the program running and removes it from the list.
3. After selecting an action, click the back arrow to return to the main Cleanup Premium screen.
Free up space
The Free Up Space option scans for leftover files created by the system, programs, or installers (such as temporary, log, and cached files, including browser data) which may be taking up large amounts of disk space on your PC.
To perform a Free Up Space scan, follow these steps:
1. Click Free Up Space on the main Cleanup Premium screen.
2. Select a category by clicking the relevant button:
- System Junk: leftover files created by the system, programs, or installers, such as temporary, log, and cached files.
- Browser Data: leftover files and tracking data, such as browser cache, cookies, and history, stored on your PC while you browse the web.
3. After selecting a category, select an action for the items within the category:
- Tick an item to select it for cleaning or click Ignore to remove the item from the list.
- Use the select drop-down menu at the bottom of the screen to apply an automatic action.
4. Click Clean Now. If you are cleaning Browser Data, click Continue to allow Cleanup Premium to close any open browsers.
5. Click Done to return to the main Cleanup Premium screen, or click Clean Even More to review and manage additional items.
The Fix Problems option scans your operating system for unusual system settings which may be affecting the reliability of your PC’s behavior.
To perform a Fix Problems scan, follow these steps:
1. Click Fix Problems on the main Cleanup Premium screen.
2. After the scan completes, review the listed issues.
3. Click the green button next to an issue to resolve it, or click Ignore to remove the issue from the list.
4. Click the back arrow to return to the main Cleanup Premium screen.
If you are unsatisfied with changes made by Cleanup Premium, you can go to the Rescue Center and select which actions you want to undo. Follow these steps:
1. Click the rescue icon on the right-side panel of the main screen.
2. Click Undo next to the actions you want to reverse.
3. Click the X icon to return to the main Cleanup Premium screen.
To access and manage Cleanup Premium settings, click the gear icon on the right-side panel of the main screen.
In settings, you can do the following:
- Change the language of the Cleanup Premium interface
- Manage which issues Cleanup Premium notifies you about
- Specify which items Cleanup Premium backs up in the Rescue Center
- Review your subscription details
- Enable or disable troubleshooting options