Use Avast Cleanup Pro scans for and removes unnecessary and duplicate files inside your Mac to obvious disk space. This informative article assumes that Avast Cleanup Pro is really a placed on your Mac. For installation instructions, see the following article :
To get began, double-click on the Avast Cleanup Pro icon to begin this program. Then, reference the sections below :
Follow these steps to use Avast Cleanup Pro for Mac :
Clear disk space
The Clean Clutter option scans your Mac for unnecessary files and allows you to choose which files are deleted to obvious disk space. To initiate a scan and take away files, abide by these steps :
1. Click Scan under the Clean Clutter heading on the main Cleanup Pro screen.
2. After the scan completes, you can choose a selection method by using the drop-down menu at the bottom of the screen…
…or manually select files by clicking a tab from the left-side panel and ticking or unticking the relevant boxes.
3. After selecting files to remove, click Clean.
4. If prompted, enter your system credentials and click OK.
5. Click Done to return to the main Cleanup Pro screen.
Remove duplicate files
The Find Duplicates option scans your Mac for duplicate files. To initiate a scan and remove duplicate files, follow these steps :
1. Click Find under the Find Duplicates heading on the main Cleanup Pro screen.
2. After the scan completes, you can choose a selection for all categories by using the drop-down menu at the bottom of the screen…
… or you can manually select files by clicking a tab from the left-side panel and ticking or unticking the files you want to remove.
3. After you make a selection, click Clean.
4. Click Done to return to the main Cleanup Pro screen.
Automatically, Avast Cleanup Pro is configured to inform you when some clutter is detected in your Mac. To handle this setting, visit the primary Cleanup Pro screen. The eco-friendly slider underneath the Alert Me heading signifies the setting is enabled. To disable the setting, click on the slider in order that it changes from eco-friendly (ON) to red (OFF).
View subscription information
To view your subscription information, click Avast Cleanup Pro on the menu bar and select Preferences. In the new dialog that appears, you can view the duration of your Cleanup Pro subscription.