Prior to starting use Avast Driver Updater, make certain that you’re logged into Home windows just like a user with administrator permissions, other individuals in Windows are closed, along with your anti-virus protection is temporarily disabled (for instructions reference your vendor’s documentation).
Avast Driver Updater features :
- Scans your PC to detect outdated drivers
- Allows you to update all drivers with one click
- Creates a backup of drivers for use in emergency situations
Use Avast Driver Updater on your pc. Updating motorists prevents online online hackers by utilizing vulnerabilites in outdated motorists to contaminate or access your pc.
Follow these steps to use Avast Driver Updater :
Install and activate Driver Updater
Download and activate Avast Driver Updater by following the steps in the following articles :
Scan for and update drivers
Avast Driver Updater scans for outdated drivers to prevent security vulnerabilities on your computer. To scan for and update drivers, adopt these measures :
1. Double-click the Avast Driver Updater icon on your desktop to open the program.
2. Click Start scan to run Avast Driver Updater Scanner.
3. After the scan completes, select one of the following options to download and install updates:
- Click Download next to the outdated software or hardware, then manually install each driver.
- Click Update selected drivers to download and install the drivers automatically for all elements ticked on the list.
If prompted, restart your PC.
4. Click Yes to confirm the installation.
5. Review the update process and click OK.
6. When the driver setup wizard opens, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the update process.
Your drivers are updated.
Avast Driver Updater offers various settings that allow you to customize the update process and use the program according to your needs. Settings are divided into the following sections:
- Home: displays the System Summary and allows you to start scanning for outdated drivers.
- Scan: displays scanning progress and enables you to stop scanning if needed.
- Results: displays scan results and enables you to update your drivers.
- Options: contains additional customizable settings. You can customize the following:
1. General: specify which elements are selected to update after scanning. Check for program updates and logs and decide if Avast Driver Updater run at windows startup.
2. Backup: set a default location for saving driver backups.
3. Restore: specify which location backups are automatically restored from and specify if your PC should be rebooted after restoring a backup.
4. Update: set a connection retry timeout and connection retry count, and specify if your PC should be rebooted after installing drivers.
5. Schedule: configure a schedule to allow Avast Driver Updater to regularly scan for outdated drivers. To set a schedule, tick the Automatically check for driver updates. Under the Schedule task: option, select if the scan will run Daily or Weekly and specify the frequency and time of scanning.
- Restore: restore previously installed drivers. To restore drivers that were saved in the default system location, tick a checkbox next to the device and click Restore. If you saved your backup in a different location, click Restore from… and locate your backup.
- Backup: make a backup copy of your installed drivers. To create a backup in the default system location, tick the checkbox next to the device and click Backup. If you want to save a backup in a different location, click Backup to… and select your preferred location.
- Support: access online help for Avast Driver Updater. Register your Avast Driver Updater license and check for program updates.